CONGRATULATIONS, to Anita Gibbons for winning our February member of the month
Anita puts 100% effort into everything she does from learning new movements to mastering ones she can do already. Anita enjoys pushing the boundaries of her strength and fitness, working on her nutrition with our nutrition coach and continuously reaching and setting new goals. It’s always great to see such a big lifestyle change in our members, and always a pleasure working with Anita! Lets get to know more about this inspiring athlete here:
•Name: Anita Gibbons
• Age: 38
• Occupation: Fire Equipment Technician
• How long have you been at CrossFit Access? 5 months
• What do you enjoy doing outside of CrossFit? Getting out in my Jeep, anything outdoors with friends, camping, hiking
• What is your favourite and least favourite movements or WODs? Favourite is anything weight lifting and handstands now, least favourite is wall balls.
• What your biggest achievement so far? Competing in my first Masters comp
• What are your future goals? To compete more, and get pull ups!
• Tell us something we don’t know about you. I love traveling overseas on my own
• Who’s your box buddy? There are so many people that I speak to and that have helped me but Catherine Upton has been a huge support.
• Why did you start CrossFit? I had been lifting weights for a few years on and off but was so bored. I had wanted to try CrossFit but always put it off. I needed something to challenge me, to make me keep coming back. I was really unhappy with how I looked and felt and just knew that CrossFit would be for me.
• What do you love about CrossFit Access? When people say CrossFit is a community I didn’t really get it, that was until I started at Access, everyone is so nice, everyone asks how you are, encourages you to do better, to go for that PR to run faster at the end of that workout. The coaches are amazing!! You meet people from different boxes and it’s the same. I’m so happy and proud to be part of the Access community!
• Any advice for anyone just starting their CrossFit journey? Keep going! I was injured from the very first day I came in, but kept going back. Everything can be scaled so you can have an awesome workout, you can leave feeling proud of what you’ve just done! Keep going, you will feel the most confident, the strongest and the happiest you’ve ever been! Well that’s how I’ve felt so far in my CrossFit journey, and I’m not going to stop!