Huge congrats to Dave, our Athlete of the month for June at Morley! Dave is another one of our gun masters. The quiet dreadlock man has taken his training to the next level lately showing huge commitment to improving his weaknesses. He has recently completed our 8 week oly lifting program with huge improvements . All the hard work paid of for Dave when he Won his age group at Masters League comp and booking a ticket to state of origin in the Gold Coast. All round great bloke with a very relaxed attitude and massive part of our community. Lets get to know more about this cool guy here:
Name: Dave Collins
• Age: 40
• Occupation: Horticulturist
• How long have you been at CrossFit Access? 2.5 years
• What do you enjoy doing outside of CrossFit? 4wding and Camping
• What is your favourite and least favourite movements or WODs? Favourite – Snatch or Cleans, Least Favourite – wall balls and burpees
• What your biggest achievement so far? Winning my division at the Masters League Invitational.
• What are your future goals? Continue to improve my Oly lifting and improve all things gymnastic
• Tell us something we don’t know about you. I have 2 great kids and love hanging out with them. Also can’t get enough of travelling and seeing new things.
• Who’s your box buddy? Been training a lot with Gerrard lately, but buddies with everyone at Morley.
• Why did you start CrossFit? I started CrossFit after my wife Kerry, had been doing it for around 2 years. She constantly told me how good it was and that I would love it. So after 2 years of hearing all about it I decided to give it a try. I loved it from the first class and haven’t looked back. (Wish I had started it earlier)
• What do you love about CrossFit Access? The fun environment, great coaches and supportive members. One big happy family.
• Any advice for anyone just starting their CrossFit journey? Just give it a try and ask questions. Everyone is so supportive, and once you start you will be so glad you did. It really is for anyone no matter your level of fitness. You meet a lot of great people and improve yourself at the same time.