Huge congrats to Vinnie our April Athlete of the month! Vinne has been training with us for a long time and always brings a friendly and positive energy to class. It’s been awesome to watch Vinnie give a massive dedication lately to perfect movement, taking a break from our normal CrossFit programming and focusing on building a strong core and working on weaknesses. We look forward to watching this cool guy achieve his goals this year!
Lets get to know more about Vinnie here:
•Name: Olivier ‘Vincheezel’ Louise
• Age: 31
• Occupation: Cardiac Sonographer
• How long have you been at CrossFit Access? 3.5 years
• What do you enjoy doing outside of CrossFit? Catching up with mates, having a drink, eating!
• What is your favourite and least favourite movements or WODs? I’ve come to love wallballs over time but absolutely hate thrusters.
• What your biggest achievement so far? Stringing 3 bar muscle ups but never been able to repeat the act.
• What are your future goals? Right now it’s regaining confidence and moving without compromising form.
• Tell us something we don’t know about you. Ticklish
• Who’s your box buddy? Antonio Pino, always good to do a partner WOD with when we get the chance.
• Why did you start CrossFit? I was going through a tough time when I started and things seemed to go from bad to worse. Coach Erin Joyce has been a close mate for a long time and pushed me to join and I’ve never looked back. It’s been my meditation and got me through dark times.
• What do you love about CrossFit Access? The family community it instils. Prior to joining Access, I’d always been involved in team sports. Although it feels like you’re competing against one another in the wod, we also cheer each other to the finish. We’re all still part of a team.
• Any advice for anyone just starting their CrossFit journey? Don’t sacrifice your body body for injury to get a good time or rush to become an Rx athlete. Remember the coaching cues and move well. Know your body and progress slowly. You’ll enjoy the journey more.