Huge congrats to Monique, our Athlete of the Month for July at Wangara! Monique is one of Fit mamas who trains at our 9:15am class. She’s recently had her second baby Chloe & brings both her & her older daughter Jorja to training. Monique has been working so hard to improvement her fitness and is an incredible role model for her two girls. We love Monique’s passion, determination and commitment and cannot wait to see what she can achieve this year!
Let’s get to know more about this inspiring athlete here:
• Name: Monique Christoffelsz
• Age: 31
• Occupation: Student Nurse/Mum
• How long have you been at CrossFit Access? 6 months
• What do you enjoy doing outside of CrossFit? Playing Netball, watching the footy, going to gigs, collecting plants, getting out and about with my daughters/husband.
• What is your favourite and least favourite movements or WODs? Favourite is actually wall balls, least is KB snatches
• What your biggest achievement so far? Finally being able to do a unassisted pullup.
• What are your future goals? wouldn’t mind competing at a comp.
• Tell us something we don’t know about you. Something different but I love entering competitions. My biggest prize so far was a sailing cruise down the coast of Croatia. Random but someone has to win.
• Who’s your box buddy? Linda and Mel
• Why did you start CrossFit? commenced crossfit a few years ago, had a big break, tried other sports but I knew my heart is always with CrossFit. I like how it challenges me every time and I like the constant variations of all the work outs, there is no routine.
• What do you love about CrossFit Access? Access stands out from the rest, the coaches are highly knowledgeable, give constructive feedback and are very motivating and passionate. I have loved how Access staff and the members has made me feel so welcome from my first ever session. Being busy mum, Its really handy to be able to bring the kids and train at the same time. Access is a family friendly gym and is a great community to be apart of.
• Any advice for anyone just starting their CrossFit journey? CrossFit isn’t as scary as it looks. Everything can be scaled and you will surprise yourself how quickly you will see the changes in yourself physically but also mentally. Don’t be afraid, give it ago, you will never look back.