These Paleo Date Muffins are soooo super easy to make and are great for kids or adults. We even use them (and protien balls which we’ll post up soon) as post WOD snacks between workouts when competing in CrossFit competitions.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup dried dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Combine dates & coconut milk in your food processor and mix until dates are well chopped up. Add remaining wet ingredients: coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs and let run until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add all the dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. (coconut flour is super dense so if you need to add any extra at the end if its too runny, do at 1/2 tsp at a time) The muffin mix should be slightly runny.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins
Original recipe is from here, which also has blueberries and chai tea bags and almond flour instead which is yummy too..