Huge congrats to Brad for taking out the February Athlete of the Month! Brad has been with us for a while now and has been crushing it with huge results both strength gains and weight loss. It has been awesome to see Brad upgrade his membership recently from 3x a week to our unlimited package and so committed to crushing his goals. Even after breaking his foot shortly there after, Brad has remained consistent in his training and stayed true to his goals! With a wedding coming up in the next month we can see why and are super impressed. Right behind you Brad and keep being an inspiration!
Lets get to know more about this cool Dad here:
- Name: Brad Marriott
- Age: 36Occupation: Printer
- How long have you been at Access? 14 months
- What do you enjoy outside of CrossFit? I like to spend time with the family and friends so long as there's coffee/beer involved.
- Favourite WOD: Grace,Jackie and Diane.
- Favorite movements: Anything Olympic lifting, overhead squats and box jumps (even though the box as bit me 3 times already)
- Least favourite: double unders
- Biggest achievement so far: losing 9kg in LGN last year and getting my first pull ups
- Future goals: Improve my cardio and to get my weight down under 90kg. And get double unders
- What most people don't know is that I enjoy cycling, I even watch it on tv . I also know Ace Ventura word for word.
- Box buddies: Can always rely on Xavier Crowley to pressure me into going way heavier then I should, though it's sweet when I beat him. And love my 6.30am peeps, Jen, Katie and Angela Goronski.
- Why did I start CrossFit? I'd being training at a regular gym for 12 months and was frustrated that I was really losing any weight. A friend and his wife had been at Access for 6 months or so and were loving it, so I signed my partner up and 2 months in she convinced me to come down and try it out.
- What do I love about CrossFit Access? I love the way it's changed my outlook on everything in my life. My training has goals and direction, it's always been rudderless. It's given me the tools to make my nutrition simple instead of trying to out work a poor diet like I have in the past. Love the influence of being around the box has had on my 4yr old daughter, she wants to be fit and strong too. The coaches really know their stuff and want to help you to reach your goals. I've met so many great people at Access, it's really become a second family. Everyone is here to support each other.
- Advice for anyone just starting their CrossFit journey? For the guys especially, leave your ego at the door. Scale the workouts for the first few weeks and concentrate on correct form and movement. Commit yourself to train at a certain time, you'll settle in and get to know people more quickly and build the momentum that you need to really see results.