Huge congrats to Candice, our Athlete of the Month in September! Candice is one of our amazing Master athletes who always shows such determination in training to constantly improve her CrossFit skills and be the best version of herself. Candice came to Access very fit and has been improving her strength and lifting technique over the last months with amazing results. Candice is a hard athlete to beat in any endurance workout, her tank and drive is inspiring to watch! Candice recently traveled to Queensland to compete for the Soldier divison and won in her age category, and took the title of Fittest in Australia + New Zealand, Female Masters, Soldier division, 35 to 39 years.? We look forward to watching this inspiring Mum achieve many of her future goals next year. Keep up the awesome training Candice, and we are grateful to have your positive vibe in our community.
Lets get to know more about this inspiring athlete here:
- Name: Candice Lepoidevin
- Age: 37
- Occupation: I’m never sure what to write here as I do lots of small jobs? Housewife, EA, admin assistant and now coach / PT
- How long have you been at CrossFit Access? 8 months
- What do you enjoy doing outside of CrossFit? Drinking coffee and being with my kids. Or do I drink coffee because of my kids (not sure).
- What is your favourite and least favourite movements or WODs? Faves are burpees and deadlifts. Least faves are pull ups.
- What your biggest achievement so far? Masters League 2018.What are your future goals? To gain better competency in some movements, to move to warrior category.
- Tell us something we don’t know about you. I love spicy food.
- Who’s your box buddy? Do I have to choose? I am a floater.
- Why did you start CrossFit? I get bored easily and then move on. CrossFit has so many movements to work on that it is never boring.
- What do you love about CrossFit Access? It has the right mix between supportive community and hungry competition.
- Any advice for anyone just starting their CrossFit journey? What’s the worst that can happen?? Each WOD is custom built just for you. You are just as important as the seasoned athlete next to you. I want to add that it is the first time I have focused on not what my body looks like but rather what it can do!