Huge congrats to Vicky Foy for winning the member of the month in September! Vicky has only been with us a short time, but her rate of improvement which has been tremendous, it is a testament to her work ethic and commitment. A regular in the 5:30am class, and her second month of being on our committed club, she’s killing it! We know Vicky can keep moving forward and reach her 2018 goals! It's always great to see such a big lifestyle change in our members, and always a pleasure working with you.
Let's get to know more about this inspiring athlete here:
- Name: Vicky Foy
- Age: 36
- Occupation: Internal Audit Manager
- How long have you been at CrossFit Access? 3 months
- What do you enjoy doing outside of CrossFit? Spending time with my family, eating out and watching anything from the Real Housewives series!
- What is your favourite and least favourite movements or WODs? Fav- anything involving the lifting of weights. Least fav - anything to do with the rig. Aahhh. Pull ups, T2B....
- What your biggest achievement so far? Rehabilitation of my knee - being able to jump again (jumping over a barbell doing burpees, box jumps). After my knee operation I never thought I would be able to do that again. Also being able to complete a few double unders. Yipppppeeee.
- What are your future goals? To smash out toes to bar and to do an unassisted pull up. Oh and pretty much anything else gymnastics related. And to be able to climb the rope.....And to be able to run again. Wait, that’s quite a few goals, but why not!
- Tell us something we don’t know about you. I’m a qualified accountant and a chocolate expert (kinda unofficial expert, but I know good chocolate).
- Who’s your box buddy? Abi Gillett and all the 5.30am crew!
- Why did you start CrossFit? Because I enjoy the intensity and variety that comes with Crossfit. I used to belong to a Crossfit gym in London before I incurred my knee injury and knew that I would be able to achieve my fitness goals with Crossfit.What do you love about CrossFit Access? Crossfit Morley has a great sense of community. Everyone is so friendly, welcoming and encouraging. Almost every training session I scale at least one element of the WOD and I don’t feel awkward or bad about that. There isn’t an elitist environment which I have experienced elsewhere. Plus Yousef is a fantastic Coach and I have learnt a lot from him. Same with Kelly and Marrelle - very inspirational coaches.
- Any advice for anyone just starting their CrossFit journey? Don’t worry about not being able to do a movement - it will come. Don’t feel nervous, just give it a go, you won’t regret it.