Huge congrats to Chris, our Athlete of the Month for September! Chris started at Access with his wife Jess, and we have loved seeing them both train together on a regular basis. Chris has been training hard and is a testament to when putting in the work, it pays off. Chris was 100% committed to our recent LGN challenge and had amazing results with his weight loss! This dedicated athlete has been improving his gymnastics due to the consistent effort Chris puts in. An all round legend at the gym who loves to lift a heavy barbell, and we are grateful to have Chris part of our community. We look forward to celebrating all the goals that this cool guy achieves in the coming year! ??
Lets get to know more about this inspiring athlete here:
- Name: Chris Murray
- Age: 30
- Occupation: Carpenter
- How long have you been at CrossFit Access? Since September 2017
- What do you enjoy doing outside of CrossFit? Spending time with friends, having a beer, coffee dates with wife
- What is your favourite and least favourite movements or WODs? Favourite movement - clean and jerk. Least favourite - definitely thrusters!!
- What your biggest achievement so far? Blitzing my goals I set in LGN challenge by Losing 7.5kg and sticking to lifestyle change once it finished.
- What are your future goals? Start competing more and doing more workouts RX
- Tell us something we don’t know about you. - Grew a beard for a full year 2 years ago
- Who’s your box buddy? Nick Griffin and Ray Fadlalla
- Why did you start CrossFit? We moved back to Perth after living in the Wheatbelt at the start of 2017. I came back 17kg's heavier than when we first arrived and was not happy. I was the heaviest I had ever been. I'd been to other gyms with great intentions that it was going to be different but always ended up losing motivation. I then did a CrossFit class to try something different and absolutely loved it and never looked back since!
- What do you love about CrossFit Access? The community!! Everyone is so close and so friendly. There's no clicks or exclusive groups. Everyone is so welcoming. No matter what level your at, everyone is so encouraging and recognises peoples individual achievements. I have made some really good connections with people and catch up with them outside the gym and would consider them great mates.
- Any advice for anyone just starting their CrossFit journey? Stick at it! You'll be pretty sore to start with but push through and you'll start seeing awesome results. No matter how old you are or things that usually hold you back when exercising, there is always a way to modify a movement/wod to suit each situation so you can still get a great workout. I had shoulder issues for months and the coaches always helped me scale or modify the workout and helped me work on the shoulder recovery. And its super fun!!