Huge congrats to Mel, our athlete of the month for October! One of our super strong Mums at the box, Mel has been part of CrossFit Access for a short time but has already come a long way. Mel’s commitment to training has seen her smash goals with movements achieved, weights lifted and dress sizes dropped! Mel will frequently throw in a double session for a day and will usually be the last leaving the box (doesn’t mind a chat). Olympic weight lifting for Mel has gone from strength to strength and has also been putting in the hours to improve her squat, which is paying off massively. Loved by everyone at the box and is a huge part of our Awesome community.
Let's get to know more about this inspiring athlete here:
- Name: Melissa D'Andrilli
- Age: 33
- Occupation: Accountant
- How long have you been at CrossFit Access? Since April 2018 (7 months)
- What do you enjoy doing outside of CrossFit? Spending time with friends and family.
- What is your favourite and least favourite movements or WODs? Favourite - Cleans, least favourite Thrusters!What your biggest achievement so far? Deadlifting my own body weight
- What are your future goals? To be able to double under!
- Tell us something we don’t know about you. Before becoming a Mum I used to enjoy track days at Barbagello and Collie raceways.
- Who’s your box buddy? the 530am crew! but if I have to pick people specifically, Joey, Nicole, Nardz, Nicci & Hayley
- Why did you start CrossFit? Being a Mum to a toddler I'd become used to putting myself last when I saw a Facebook add for a 28 day challenge and I decided that it was time to stop making excuses and being unhappy about my body and figured I had nothing to lose and everything to gain.
- What do you love about CrossFit Access? The people! from the second you step inside the atmosphere is electric and friendly, it doesn't matter what level you are at everyone wants to see you reach your full potential and are happy to give tips and advice to help you improve as well as a pat on the back or high five when you succeed and the coaches are fantastic.
- Any advice for anyone just starting their CrossFit journey? Give it ago you might surprise yourself, get a whole new lease on life and make some great friends